Looking for the most cost-effective, highly efficient and Eco-friendly aluminum melting furnace?
Look no further. Modern Equipment’s Jet Melter® furnaces can dramatically reduce your aluminum melting costs by increasing energy efficiency and reducing melt loss. What does all this mean? It makes your company more profitable! When compared to a crucible, barrel, rotary, or reverberatory (reverb) furnace, a Jet Melter® can reduce energy consumption by 50% or more, reduce melt losses by up to 80% and reduce emissions while delivering better metal quality. In comparison to an electric aluminum melting system, energy costs are less than 1/3 with comparable results on metal cleanliness and melt loss. Don’t believe us? Check out what the US Department of Energy
has to say about the technology. For copies of entire studies on our Jet Melter® furnace located throughout the site, please fill out the information request form here
or via the link on the “white papers”
Aluminum Melting Efficiency
- 700-1000 Btu’s per pound melted and held
- Less than 50 Btu’s per pound/per hour when holding only (@25% the bath capacity comparably)
- 0.5-1% gross melt loss is typical. (Post tolling >0.5%)
- Tapped metal temperature control to +/- 10º F
- Higher quality metal with lower gas inclusion levels
Technology: How does a Jet Melter® Furnace achieve these results?
- Direct Waste Heat Recovery (self recuperative system) by charging material into the exhaust stack without the high maintenance costs associated with add-on recuperation equipment.
- Furnace does not have fouling, clogging, or corrosion problems associated with recuperators, regenerative burner systems, or heat exchangers. See what NASA has to say about this topic.
- Full pre-heating of charge is achieved via the waste gas stream in the stack furnace, reducing gas consumption while eliminating explosion hazards.
- Automated end dump charging systems ensure full stack furnace levels promoting optimal efficiency. Fully automated material handling options options for stack furnace are available. These include ingot/scrap handling, alternate charging methods, and customized systems specific to your operational needs.
- Rapid “Jet” aluminum melting in an oxygen deficient atmosphere reduces melt loss. Aluminum Metal melts near instantaneously.
- Complete independence of melting and furnace holding functions reduces energy requirement for melting and reduces super heating lowering hydrogen/gas pickup.
- Low shell temperature and minimized square footage indicates less heat lost.
- PLC controlled with graphical interface display (AL & JM series)
- Reduced bath capacities with tapped temperature control of +/- 10° F
- Stochiometric tuning of burner systems
- Furnace is capable of being sealed to the extent that energy is not lost through charge wells or large furnace openings.
- Positive furnace pressure can be achieved keeping oxygen away from the melt.
- Multiple metal delivery options: tap out to ladles, launder systems, dip wells, or pump wells.
- Wall to wall furnace access for ease of cleaning and maintenance.
Emissions - Go Green!
A Jet Melter® furnace can be your best friend for the future by lowering your emissions significantly. Global Warming is a major concern for both government entities and the world’s general populace. Studies show that even electric furnaces, though not emitting at the plant level, have higher emissions on the national grid. A government-sponsored study performed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology can be found here (MIT study)
. You too, can help our environment now while protecting yourself from future government mandates. Eventually, YOU WILL have to report your carbon footprint!
- Greatly reduced CO, CO² and NOx emissions due to half as much combustion required per ton melted combined with low NOx burner systems.
- Low particulate emissions (Less than 2/10th’s EPA standard per ton melted)
- Low VOC (Incineration of Volatile Organics less than ½ EPA standard per ton melted)
- Lowered emissions without the added cost of add-on scrubbers or baghouses.
- Full pre-heating of charge material eliminates explosion hazards.
- Automated charging eliminates hot metal splash risk to operators.
- Limited operator exposure to furnace internals.
- Low shell temperatures prevent accidental contact burns and provides comfortable working environment.
- Optional automated tapping systems for furnace.
- Furnace is ergonomically designed
As the company and industry leader who introduced stack melting technology to the North American marketplace, no other company can offer you the level of experience that Modern Equipment can. Modern Equipment has built and installed more stack / tower / shaft furnaces in North America than all other manufacturers combined. This is a true testament to both our company and our technology.
- Micro Series 500, 800 & 1,100 pounds per hour
- AL Series 1,500 thru 20,000 pounds per hour
||Proud Member Of: